Potential M. Sc, student research projects, internships and research training
We are happy to supervise any scientifically exciting project that falls broadly within our research interests. Because of their short life and established methodology, nematodes are ideal for collecting high-quality, publishable data during the time-frame of a typical student project.
Some general areas that are very suitable for projects are:
– The long-term costs of juvenile catch-up growth
– The evolution of epigenetic inheritance
– Evolutionary dynamics of inheritance systems during adaptation to novel environments
– Sex specific costs of catch-up growth
– The cost of long life: fitness consequences of lifespan extension using genetic or pharmaceutical manipulation of target genetic pathways
Please contact Martin Lind if you are interested to do a project in the lab!
There are several Swedish (e.g. VR, Wenner-Gren, Swedish Institute, Carl Tryggers) funding bodies that can provide fellowships for young researchers who wish to conduct a post-doc in Sweden. Some of these rely on Sweden-based PI to submit an application; others require a perspective post doc to submit one. Drop me a line if you are thinking about applying and your research interests are broadly similar to ours.
Evolutionary Biology Centre in Uppsala University is probably the largest conglomeration of evolutionary biologists in Europe, situated in a largely ‘student‘ town (there is also another university, SLU) – therefore, it provides a multitude of opportunities for collaboration as well as socializing.